I've released Morpheuz 1.9 onto the Pebble App Store and My Pebble Faces this evening. It includes the following features:
- A progressive alarm. Instead of the 30 seconds of one vibration per second, Morpheuz starts off with a single vibe, waits, vibes again then gets progressively more frequent. It then waits for 60 seconds and repeats the cycle twice more. I'm hoping this caters for those who wanted a more gentle start, and those, like me, who needed a grenade in a steel bucket as a wake up.
- 'Up' now cancels the alarm (like the native Pebble alarm app). Pressing during snooze will cancel the alarm.
- 'Down' provides a 9 minute snooze. Pressed during snooze will extend the snooze period back to 9 minutes.
- Every few seconds whilst the alarm is sounding, the backlight is lit.
- There is now an alarm sounding indicator in the top bar.
- The icon next to the smart alarm times has been replaced.
- A short press on any button shows the "button hint page". This gives the button assignments and shows the time across the top (after all, you might be pressing a button to see the time!) A short press on any button removes this page. Regardless of which page is showing the buttons will work as designated.
- The initial splash screen is now shown for only a few seconds, rather than waiting for the next ice age.
- The flashing zzz have been removed. They were there as an indication the accelerometer APIs were functioning. However this was neither obvious, nor battery efficient. Morpheuz now checks on the accelerometer APIs and on first failure attempts to re-start them and on second failure shows this screen:
|What happens if the accelerometer API stops working.|
I have had good information, help and advice from the Developer Evangelists at Pebble, Cherie Williams and Thomas Sarlandie, so I sent them a Morpheuz coffee mug each. Enjoy and thank you.