The little stuff
- The progress bar at the bottom of the digital (or classic) display is now a little bar chart
- The application icon is now a cute little bed with a sleeping person
- The smart alarm icon is a small bell instead of a huge alarm clock
- The alarm now sounds for 30 seconds, waits a minute and repeats this pattern five times instead of the previous three
- The export to Healthkit via Smartwatch Pro icon has moved into the much expanded export section
The big stuff part 1Morpheuz has long lacked an automatic export system. In fact on Android it has very much lacked an export everyone can use (cut and paste CSV works for all, but the email export only works on some Android versions and manufactures).
Exporting the raw data is fine, but there is quite a lot of interpretation done by the settings/graph page, so it would be really nice to be able to see past days graphs, no?
It would also be nice if this just happened and you didn't need to do anything much to make it happen. I thought so too.
So, here is how it works:
- Sign up for Pushover
- Register Morpheuz as an application
Here is an icon you can use:
- Pushover provides a user key and an api token/key
- Enter these into the settings page on Morpheuz and press Save
- Ten hours after you've pressed reset on the Morpheuz menu and gone to bed, or used Auto-Reset, Morpheuz will send all your data over a secure connection to Pushover. Don't worry if you've shut Morpheuz down, it will wake for five minutes to do the work and then gracefully shut down.
- When you have time, look in Pushover:
- Click on an entry:
- Click on 'Report'
- View the report in Safari or Chrome:
- Pushover will keep up to 500 of these reports
- The report shown in Safari will allow copying of CSV or email export, so if you want to keep this data, you don't have to try to do it when you are groggy after a night's sleep.
The big stuff part 2In version 2.3 Morpheuz introduced a link up with Max Bäumle's Smartwatch Pro to push data into iOS 8's Healthkit.
In 2.6 we take this a stage further with automatic transfer to Healthkit.
This is how it works:
- Do one manual export of sleep times into Healthkit from the configuration page
- Doing this registers a secret token with Smartwatch Pro as well as sending across that day's sleep times
- Click the automatic checkbox and Save
- Ten hours after you've pressed reset on the Morpheuz menu and gone to bed (you've guessed the rest...) Morpheuz will send the data to the Smartwatch Pro servers using the same secret token. The only data that is sent is the secret token, the sleep time and the wake time. The data is immediately pushed, without storage on the servers to your phone, where Smartwatch Pro inserts the data into Healthkit.
- If Smartwatch Pro isn't running then a notification is displayed, which when actioned enters the data into Healthkit.
- This requires an update to Smartwatch Pro which will be in the Apple App Store in a few weeks